Being a photography enthusiast, I asked for a DSLR camera for Christmas about 2 years ago. It felt great to finally have something more professional in my hands. The only problem was, I had literally no idea on how to use it.... well I had a basic idea but all the buttons and numbers on the back of the camera were a little bit overwhelming. *Oh good one Luce, lets ask for a present we have no idea on how to use, high five!* It does sound a bit stupid, but I needed a good camera for my course at Uni. I practiced with it now and then to try and gain some sort of an understanding but I was going no where. So this year, in April (took me long enough), I FINALLY enrolled onto a photography course for 10 weeks. After the course had finished I was sooo much more confident with my camera and actually could understand ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed and how they all worked together.
As I have progressed on my course at Uni, I have become more interested in film-making and it is something I am considering to do as a career. I don't necessarily want to be a movie director or anything like that, but creating short films/promotional material/documentaries for clients, is something I can see myself enjoying. Unfortunately, my little camera that I had struggled so much on understanding didn't make the cut anymore for my creative needs! :( It took beautiful photos but was terrible for filming.
SO, after plenty of research, I at long last have my self a Canon 600D and I absolutely LOVE IT! :D
I haven't put it down since it arrived and have been experimenting with filming as well as photography. It's amazing for both and I would highly recommend this camera to anyone! As we are having some rather nice weather at home, (which is rare even for summer in England!) I am looking to get out and create some short experimental films. I have plans on setting up a YouTube channel in the very near future to hopefully showcase my work and get a head start on things. Here are some of my favourite images I have taken over the past few days :)
 |
| My Mums Lilies :) |
 |
| Baby Bee |
 |
| My Dwarf Lop - Biscuit |
 |
| My Cat - Molly |
 |
| Love this! |
 |
| Flowers on a Potato Vine |
 |
| Fuchsia :) |
I really enjoyed experimenting with different apertures to get a shallow Depth of Field in these images. Its one of my favourite way to take photos and I think I've done a good job so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment